Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. We accomplish our mission by …
- Praying for young people.
- Going where kids are.
- Building personal relationships with them.
- Winning the right to be heard.
- Providing experiences that are fun, adventurous and life-changing.
- Sharing our lives and the Good News of Jesus Christ with adolescents.
- Inviting them to personally respond to this Good News.
- Loving them regardless of their response.
- Nurturing kids so they might grow in their love for Christ and the knowledge of God’s Word and become people who can share their faith with others.
- Helping young people develop the skills, assets and attitudes to reach their full God-given potential.
- Encouraging kids to live connected to the Body of Christ by being an active member of a local congregation.
- Working with a team of like-minded individuals — volunteer leaders, committee members, donors and staff.
What We Offer
Young Life doesn’t start with a program. It starts with adults who are concerned enough about kids to go to them, on their turf and in their culture, building bridges of authentic friendship. These relationships don’t happen overnight — they take time, patience, trust and consistency.
Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
There are two numbers that stand out above the rest: 2,000,000 and 1. As we faithfully pursue the plans and strategies for Reaching a World of Kids, we continue to reach for our goal of impacting 2,000,000 annually by 2016. And with a fundamental conviction that every kid and every kind of kid deserves the chance to know about the God who loves them deeply, we’re reaching for this important goal one precious teenager at a time.
We hold RISE every Thursday evening at 6:30pm
3105 W. Florida Ave Entrance and parking in the rear
All local high school age young adults are welcome
RISE is a multiorganizational weekly event that is geared towards giving our local youth a fun and diverse social outlet while providing our leaders a chance to begin a mentor relationship. We provide food, games, a secure location and access to positive life leadership.
Frequently Asked Questions
Being such a multifaceted organization and working with our communities youth spurs a lot of questions. We would love for our community, members, youth and the general public to have a good grasp on what we are doing. Here are a few VERY general questions that we get quite a bit. If you have any questions, concerns or input, please use our contact us page to send us a message. We value your communication.
What kind of youth do you work with?
We have programs that involve youth from middle school to college age in our geographical demographic. We work with youth from all classes, races and backgrounds.
What is does it cost to be involved at SWDYL?
There is NO cost for youth to become involved with our leaders, come to RISE on Thursday nights, attend bible studies and be involved in many other facets of our ministry. We do although have camps and events on occasion that have small fee’s involved.
Does my child have to believe in Christ or attend church?
No. We work with all youth in our demographic area.